This year Barns Green Players has chosen Chestnut Tree House as its official charity. Each year, we do what we can to support a local charity. All the money that we raise at the raffles at our annual Pantomime go to our chosen charity
Chestnut Tree House children’s hospice
Website : https://www.chestnut-tree-house.org.uk/
Chestnut Tree House is a children’s charity providing hospice care services and community support for children and young people with progressive life-shortening conditions throughout East and West Sussex, Brighton and Hove and South East Hampshire.
This year Chestnut Tree House we will be celebrating its 15th birthday – 15 years of caring for children and young people with life-shortening conditions, and their families, in East and West Sussex and South East Hampshire.
There are potentially 1,000 families with life-limited children in Sussex. Chestnut Tree House offers support for the whole family including psychological and bereavement support, end of life and short break care and sibling support.
It currently costs over £3.9million each year to provide all the care services offered by Chestnut Tree House. Families are never charged for their care and less than 6p in every pound is funded by the government, so we rely heavily on the generosity, help and support of the people of Sussex.
At Chestnut Tree House our goal is to provide the best quality of life for children, young people and their families, and to offer a total package of practical, social and spiritual support throughout each child’s life, however short it may be.
• Assessment, advice and information for children and young adults with life-limiting or life-threatening conditions 24 hours per day.
• Specialist short breaks, emergency and end of life care provided at Chestnut Tree House 24 hours per day.
• Support for the entire family following diagnosis through the whole disease process by the multidisciplinary team at Chestnut Tree House.
• Hospice at home and community care services for children and families in their own homes throughout East and West Sussex and South East Hampshire.
• Bereavement support which includes befriending, counselling and spiritual care.
• Support and advice on the transition from paediatric palliative care services to adult services.
Contact email is : firstname.lastname@example.org
Based at Barns Green Village Hall, West Sussex , UK
Established - 1956